Renew Indianapolis Inc. is a non-profit organization committed to improving housing, economic development, and quality of life in the metropolitan Indianapolis area.
Previously operating as two different organizations with a long-standing and successful working relationship, King Park Development Corporation and Renew Indianapolis saw an opportunity to merge business operations to provide comprehensive community stabilization and development services in Indianapolis. The organizations merged into Renew Indianapolis Inc. on January 1, 2020.
Renew Indianapolis Inc. focuses on comprehensive community development by:
- Revitalizing neighborhoods by renovating and building affordable housing.
- Driving economic growth and sustainability with our business services.
- Directly impacting and contributing to the quality of life through public programs.
- Connecting those willing to invest in the future with the properties that need help through a land bank.
Renew Indianapolis envisions communities where quality of life, access to housing, and opportunities to build businesses are not determined by race, socioeconomic background, or zip code. Our communities support impactful partnerships that preserve and build wealth for neighborhoods and individuals in ways that are equitable and inclusive. Our communities offer a range of affordable housing choices for residents based on their needs and aspirations, offering places to work, shop, play, learn, and worship.
Renew Indianapolis plays an integral role in supporting comprehensive community development, neighborhood stabilization, and quality of life initiatives through innovative programs that offer financing and development solutions to 1) create and preserve affordable housing, 2) support neighborhood revitalization efforts, and 3) foster small business development.
Our Core Values
- Transparency: openness, communication, and accountability
- Integrity: honesty and adherence to strong moral and ethical principles
- Empathy: recognizing and appreciating others’ experiences and viewpoints
- Inclusion: ensuring equal access for those who might otherwise be excluded or
- Innovation: developing creative approaches to addressing existing challenges
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are the foundations on which Renew Indianapolis is built. We acknowledge that economic systems continue to be discriminatory and cause great harm to communities of color. We will work to dismantle those systems through our lending, programs, and collaborations. We will hold ourselves accountable by publicly sharing established metrics, maintaining a diverse board and staff, and collaborating in meaningful partnerships.