Residential Loan Portfolio Manager
Under the direction of the Director of Lending, the Residential Loan Portfolio Manager supports the daily lending activities operated by Renew Indianapolis, Inc. (Renew Indianapolis). A successful applicant will help the advance the missions of Renew Indianapolis’s CDFIs – providing affordable, flexible, and responsible capital to support the creation of affordable, inclusive, and diverse housing opportunities.
The Residential Loan Portfolio Manager coordinates activities with the accounting staff, Director of Lending, and Loan Services Manager to ensure that all transaction entries (payments, advances, new loan advances, general ledge entries, etc.) are accurate, monitored, and balanced. The Residential Loan Portfolio Manager supports lending activities, including but not limited to client relations, underwriting, file management, reports to stakeholders and management, coordinating grant compliance, tracking data, requesting documents, record retention, risk rating and preparing for annual audit.
- Supporting all residential lending functions, including providing accurate and timely loan documentation, servicing of loans, and maintaining collateral files;
- Closely monitoring loan collateral coverage consistent with CDFI policies and industry standards during underwriting phase, for annual monitoring, and risk rating;
- Gathering portfolio data necessary to ensure that the CDFI maintains portfolio risk management goals;
- Expeditiously completes all activities within applicable regulatory guidelines and per lending policies;
- Manage and coordinate all grant compliance requirements regarding residential lending, including the collection, maintenance and reporting of data;
- Stay up to date on all funder grant compliance requirements;
- Attending training on applicable subjects when available and appropriate;
- Perform Annual risk rating of loan portfolio;
- Work with accountant to calculate and maintain appropriate expense allocation for bad debt;
- Compile portfolio financial reports for regulators, funders, and the Board of Directors;
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of; awarding loans;
- Calculate, review, and correct errors on amortization schedule, interest, principal, payment, and closing costs;
- Work with accounting staff for approval of amortization schedules, settlement statements, financial reporting and to verify accuracy of financial or transactional data;
- Initiate communication with and respond to inquiries from government agencies, borrowers, clients, stakeholders and third-party vendors;
- Work with accountant, and auditors to manage Renew’s annual audit regarding residential lending matters;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work both independent of supervision, as well as on collaborative team projects
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage workload to consistently meet deadlines
- Demonstration of commitment Renew Indianapolis’ community development mission through:
- Respectful interpersonal communication with all residents, partners, colleagues, funders, and government agency representatives
- Professional presence in community and Renew Indianapolis events
- Continual assessment of the rapidly changing landscape of community development to make informed and confident decisions
- Exhibit flexibility and adaptability to successfully execute Renew Indianapolis goals
- Development and maintenance of professional skills and knowledge
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Experience in the lending industry
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience providing exceptional customer service
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and ability to work independently to a deadline
- Ability to consistently follow guidelines for file documentation quality
- Ability to consistently meet productivity goals
- Ability to work collaboratively on team
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Strong organization, computer and customer service skills
- Strong communications skills including strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to travel to borrower site visits and work evenings and weekends as needed
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Financial modeling
- Relevant experience in residential (single-family & multi-family) lending, underwriting, or the banking industry
- Experience in grant writing and/or federal grant compliance
- Proficiency using financial analysis software and loan portfolio/project management software
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Must be available for occasional evening and weekend meetings or events
- Must have a valid driver’s license to travel to site visits
Renew Indianapolis will provide socially-distant office space and a computer with remote working as an option.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience. 401k with employer matching, medical and dental insurance, basic life insurance, paid vacation/sick days.
Travel is primarily local and infrequent during the business day to current and potential project sites.
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Info@RenewIndy.org