Loan Services Manager
Under the direction of the Director of Lending, the Loan Services Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day grant compliance and loan servicing matters related to the Community Development Financial Institution lending activities operated by Renew Indianapolis.
The Loan Services Manager is responsible for fostering and sustaining relationships with borrowers and clients to facilitate the success of Build Fund’s and Edge Fund’s Lending activities. The Loan Services Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for inquiries made by interested parties.
To accomplish these duties, the Loan Services Manager shall be self-directed in coordinating grant compliance and loan servicing efforts, including making reports to stakeholders, tracking data, requesting documents, and preparing for annual audit.
- Initiate communication with and respond to inquiries from government agencies, borrowers, clients, stakeholders and third-party vendors
- Provide administrative support for all lending functions, including accurate and timely loan documentation, loan servicing, Loan Review Committee meetings, regulatory reporting, and file (hard copy and electronic) maintenance
- Make requests of applicants and vendors allowing the assembly and compiling of documents, including but not limited to organizational documents, title abstracts, surveys, appraisals, insurance certificates, loan forms, amortization schedules, closing schedules, guarantees, and other documents required to fully document loan files for loan closing and throughout life of loan
- Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents
- Monitor accounts for timely payments and compliance with other loan terms
- Prepare documentation for contracts, transactions, annual financial audit, and regulatory compliance
- Utilize software fully to ensure Renew Indianapolis staff and stakeholders remain up-to-date on status of all activities
- Create and maintain tracking documents and appropriate data for use in program reports provided to regulators, funders, and Renew Indianapolis Board of Directors
- Utilize project management applications to walk a borrower through all stages of lending process
- Process and/or reconcile loan payments for verification of accuracy of financial or transactional data using established software
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work both independent of supervision, as well as on collaborative team projects
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage workload to consistently meet deadlines
- Demonstration of commitment Renew Indianapolis’s community development mission through:
- Respectful interpersonal communication with all residents, partners, colleagues, funders, and government agency representatives
- Professional presence in community and Renew Indianapolis events
- Continual assessment of the rapidly changing landscape of community development to make informed and confident decisions
- Exhibit flexibility and adaptability to successfully execute Renew Indianapolis goals
- Development and maintenance of professional skills and knowledge
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School or equivalent
- Experience providing exceptional customer service
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Relevant experience in commercial lending, underwriting, or banking
- Experience in grant writing and/or federal grant compliance
- Proficiency using loan portfolio management and project management software
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Must be available for occasional evening and weekend meetings or events
- Must have a valid driver’s license to travel to site visits
Renew Indianapolis will provide socially-distant office space and a computer with remote working as an option.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience. 401k with employer matching, medical and dental insurance, basic life insurance, paid vacation/sick days.
Travel is primarily local and infrequent during the business day to current and potential project sites.
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Info@RenewIndy.org