Lift Indy is a comprehensive community development program which promotes equitable neighborhood revitalization through affordable housing, economic development, and placemaking. Each year, the City of Indianapolis selects one strategic, focused area with market potential and makes a multi-year commitment of HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding to help meet neighborhood goals.
The Martindale Brightwood area was selected as the second 2021 Lift Indy area. The development team includes highly capable and experienced partners with deep connections to the area.
- Martindale Brightwood Education Zone Housing Village Initiative will be led by the Edna Martin Christian Center and will provide wraparound services and programming, such as employment and career coaching, financial coaching, credit and asset-building programs, and adult education programs.
- Martindale Brightwood Community Development Corporation will lead a Homeowner Repair Program to provide long-term residents resources for roofing and gutter repairs; sidewalk, porch, and patio repair; accessibility; siding repair and replacement; window repair and replacement; insulation; HVAC replacement and repair.
- Renew Indianapolis will preserve affordable housing for current homeowners through the Edge Fund – Mortgage Refinance Loan Program that will enable long-term residents to continue to enjoy their neighborhood.
- Renew Indianapolis will lead the Edge Fund – Affordable Mortgage Loan Program, will help make homeownership more attainable through below-market rate mortgage loans for up to 10 low-to moderate income homebuyers in the neighborhood.
- Renew Indianapolis will lead a New Construction Homeownership Program that will create homeownership opportunities for up to 10 low-income households.
Lift Project Area
Interested in learning more about the Martindale Brightwood Lift Indy area? Send us a message below and someone from our team will help get the information you’re looking for.